DIY #1 | Memory Wall




I feel like I am one of those sentimental people, who tend to summarise their lives after a while. I usually do it while looking through photos, I have taken. I love it, when I find some random photography I did not know existed, and it brings all these lovely memories back, as if they happened a moment ago. As you might know, I started to experiment with an old analog camera I found at my house. Now I have bunch of pictures and I would not like them to be closed in a photo album and put it on a shelf. No, I want to have them somewhere, where I can randomly spot them to remind me of all these wonderful moments, I have experienced. Here I have the idea for a Memory wall.

Click 'read more' to see the instructions with pictures and the final result
 
What you need:

  • photos/pictures
  • a duct tape
  • a wall

Instructions:
 
1. Find a wall where would your photos/pictures look suitable.

2. Prepare your equipment.

3. Put your photos/pictures on the floor and try to form a shape you would like to have on a wall.

4. Once you have your would-be shape, you can start putting a duct tape on your photos/pictures.

5. Put photos/pictures on the wall according to the shape you created previously.

... AND THERE YOU GO! Here is my Memory wall:




Useful tips:

  • having square-shaped photos/pictures (such as Polaroid ones) is easier, when trying to form a regular shape (e.g. a heart shape)
  • it is very useful to measure your wall, so you can be 100% sure your shape fits on the wall
  • you can you double-sided duct tape, so you Memory wall is going to look more smooth :) 

Photo credit: all pictures are mine, please credit me if you use any picture




Thank you for reading! Feel free to comment and sorry for my mistakes. Stay awesome <3 
 

6 comments:

  1. Love this idea!
    Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now :)

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Facebook: StolenInspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is incredible! following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krásna stena:)
    ja mám takto fotky po celej stene, len ma štve, že mi často odpadávajú tak msím nájsť lepší spôsob ako ich tam nacapiť:)
    nati

    ReplyDelete